Martha’s Resource Treasure Trove
- Martha’s Moments
- Downloadable Program Accompaniments
Core readings for Martha Trowbridge Radio, LLC listeners:
- Jean Baker Miller, M.D.: Toward A New Psychology of Women
- D. W. Winnicott: “Primary Maternal Preoccupation” This is a paper, not a book. It is scholarly yet well worth studying.
- Emily Hancock: The Girl Within
- Alice Miller, M.D., The Body Never Lies. This book will accompany the series ‘Enlightening Evenings” which discuss her vital work. It is the first of several books we will study. Next, we will study The Drama Of The Gifted Child.
- Patricia Evans: The Verbally Abusive Relationship. Especially recommended for women who suffer emotional and mental abuse at the hands of THE CRAZY-MAKING HUSBAND.
- James O. Prochaska, John C. Norcross and Carlo C. Diclemente: Changing for Good.
A marvelous exploration of how and when people change. This book offers insight into where you are in your change-efforts, and what to expect of the process of making substantial changes in your life.
A note from Martha: My instructors, mentors and colleagues have published important scholarly books and papers. As we progress, I will provide key concepts from their work, and publication references, in the event you wish to pursue their models further.
- Websites Of Inspiring Interest
- Turner Classic Movies The best repository of classic, wholesome, fabulous movies. Host Robert Osborne is a treasure in and of himself!
- The Benedictine Monks Of Weston Priory, Vermont Timeless contemplative music, and soul-stirring retreats with guest houses, are two distinctive offerings of this wonderful monastic group.
- Sunday Night Live with Fr. Benedict Groeschel, PhD. is a fabulous program for women in need of spiritual consolation. For decades, Fr. Groeschel has worked amongst New York City’s poor as psychologist, social worker and priest. Each show features a call-in opportunity to seek Fr. Benedict’s wise, compassionate counsel. Aired Sunday evenings on EWTN, 7:00 – 8:00 PM EDT.
- Center For Health And The Global Environment Tremendous food for thought about caring for and respecting our Earth Mother. Founded and directed by Nobel Laureate Eric Chivian, MD — gentleman, scholar, and visionary.
- Websites Supporting Suffering Women
- Health Care Professionals For Divine Mercy For women and their loved ones in hospitals and other medical care institutions, access to spiritual care is not only possible, it is one of your rights as a patient. Founded by Marie Romagnano, R.N. on September 11, 2001, in response to the terrorist attacks on America.
- The Jeanette Rankin Foundation “Women Succeeding Through Education.” The Rankin Foundation raises funds for and awards scholarships to low income women age 35 and older. Daring To Dream is “a collection of 30 inspiring stories from JRF Scholars whose lives are forever changed by going back to school.”
- Spiritual Assistance
- Prayers To Saint Jude Includes a nine day novena of prayers.
- Philanthropic Opportunities [participatory, as well as financial]
- Quilts Of Valor “The mission of the QOV Foundation is to cover ALL war wounded and injured service members and veterans from the War on Terror whether physical or psychological wounds with Wartime quilts called Quilts of Valor.”
- Creative Kindness Revered television sewing instructor Nancy Zieman created this program to encourage women to help women cancer patients by stitching for them head coverings. The program has grown tremendously, extending out to many other women and children in need. Even if you do not sew, you can help! Please click the link to the right, “How You Can Help Spread Creative Kindness”.
- The Giving Spirit Homeless women and their families, and all homeless persons in Los Angeles, are the philanthropic interest of The Giving Spirit’s founder and CEO Tom Bagamane.
- The Lili Claire Foundation Special Needs Children, rejoice! Angelic Lili Claire watches over you, smiling. An exquisite universe of assistance for very special children and their families.
- Children’s Miracle Network “Children’s Miracle Network is a non-profit organization that raises funds for more than 170 children’s hospitals.” Visit. Learn. Be amazed.
A note for women interested in offering their own radio show:
Martha is eternally gratefully for her radio training with Martin Wales! If not for his immense radio industry wisdom, and huge generosity as a mentor, MARTHA TROWBRIDGE RADIO, LLC would not be! Women, if you have an interest or a business you feel passionate about, consider creating your own Radio Show! For information about Martin and his intensive program — which is offered via teleseminar once a week for eight weeks — please visit MARTIN WALES RADIO SHOW MENTORING PROGRAM.